Date/Time: Date(s) - 14 March 2023, 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: Hobson Room, Parnell Jubilee Building
In-person keynote meeting
Admission (with APIA membership card or guest ticket) between 6.30 pm and 7 pm
Panel discussion with Brett Wilson, Tenancy Compliance and Investigations Team and Raymond Suen, Tenancy Services
Brett Wilson, head of the Tenancy Compliance and Investigations Team lifts the veil on TCIT’s investigative activities and approach to maintaining sector compliance
We have a candid conversation with Brett and Raymond for a behind-the-scenes understanding of how Tenancy Services and the TCIT ensure tenancy compliance across the rental sector. We will touch on issues such as:
- The drivers behind overarching investigative directions;
- Tenant compliant and complaint triage processes;
- The dynamic between TCIT and Tenancy Tribunal jurisdictions;
- Overview of sector compliance, achievements and outstanding pain points;
- The effects the TCIT has on the power dynamics between landlords and tenants;
- The balancing and maintenance of public interest throughout the investigative process.
About the panellists
Brett heads the Tenancy Compliance and Investigations Team, and Raymond is a principal advisor from Tenancy Services.
In-person only. But recorded for APIA TV 📺
This in-person-only event will be filmed. The recording will be available on APIA TV two weeks after the meeting.
Not a member? Come along anyway! This is our annual open night.
Our annual open night is a great opportunity to get a taste of what it is like to be part of the APIA community. Come along to enjoy the meeting alongside APIA members. Who knows, you might even make a friend or two!
This meeting is proudly sponsored by Barfoot & Thompson.
Bookings are closed for this event.