1. Looks like the IRD will be given more resources to crack down on residential property speculators.
2. Auckland’s housing crisis is by no means a unique phenomenon according to David Roberton. Much could be learnt from the Canadian experience.
3. Cracks are showing between the central government and the Auckland Council re the city’s housing problems.
4. The Aussies are going to start charging foreigners new taxes in an effort to cool its housing market. Perhaps a lesson for us Kiwis?
5. Looks like the surging Auckland prices is pushing prices up elsewhere in the country.
6. Meth labs are a serious and real problem in New Zealand, especially in rental properties. If you are buying an ex-rental, you would be silly not to test it first.
7. Annual building consent now top 25,000 – highest number in 9 years. Not bad. Not bad at all.
What have you been keeping an eye on? Comment and share below!