Date/Time: Date(s) - 11 May 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Auckland Girls Grammar School, 14 Howe Street, Freemans Bay
Networking from 6.30 pm | Presentations from 7.30 pm
Presentations by Ray Urlich
Members Only | Memberships from $75
DRIVING BETTER RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY OUTCOMES WITH COMMERCIAL BUSINESS PRINCIPLES
Ever wonder how major hospo and retail chains get a nose for the next up-and-coming area?
How do they cinch the most visible sites in the most trendy suburbs?
How much can you accelerate the growth of your residential property portfolio f you only adopt one or two aspects of commercial business workflow?
For nearly 10 years Ray Urlich has worked as a Property and Franchise Development Manager for a major homegrown hospitality chain making him a foremost authority on how retail, local economy, demography and (commercial) property market interact with each other.
In his first-ever keynote address to APIA members, Ray will be showcasing his perspective on how to identify and create opportunities, onboard the right partners and what it takes to drive commercial business success in this market.
Session topics include:
- Overview of the commercial property market: five types of properties and what they each bring to the table for investors;
- Hospitality: how the business model interacts with site selection;
- Finding vs creating opportunities: what metrics and data feeds Ray relies on for identifying site opportunities and what value-add he utilises to improve the prospects for the business;
- Relationships: how good relationships can be harnessed and leveraged into a better outcome;
- Residential and commercial crossover: how to let go of old thinking and benefit from a more dynamic perspective.
Ray has been an APIA member for over 10 years. He has a strong background in banking, real estate (residential and commercial) and hospitality and is skilled in negotiation, sales, real estate transactions and lease administration.