Date/Time: Date(s) - 27 April 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
45-minute web session streaming from 12 pm
Post-stream replay available
Webinar presentation by Kris Pedersen and Debbie Roberts
DO YOU KNOW THAT REGISTERED AND ACCREDITED FINANCIAL ADVISORS ARE NO LONGER AND THERE ARE A BUNCH OF OTHER CHANGES IN THE FMA SPACE?
New regulations governing the conduct and standard of care for financial advisors came into effect on the 15th of May. These changes affect the way investors access and consume financial advice. This presentation is intended to give property investors a user-friendly version of what these changes are and share best practice tips for lay-people to better engage with the financial advisory market going forward.
- High-level overview (in plain English) of the Financial Services Legislation Amendment Act and the effects + consequences they have on the financial advisory industry;
- What are the practical implications, additional risks and safeguards for property investor accessing mortgage or other investment advice;
- What is ‘financial advice’ and what is outside of the purview of the Financial Markets Authority;
- Best practice tips for anyone accessing mortgage and other investment advice going forward.
Debbie Roberts is the Director of Property Apprentice* and Kris Pedersen is the Director of Kris Pedersen Mortgages**.
Access link to this webinar will be emailed to you immediately following your registration. If you do not receive the link please check your spam folder in the first instance before emailing us at [email protected].
* Property Apprentice is a Silver Sponsor of the APIA.
** Kris Pedersen Mortgages is the Principal Sponsor of the APIA.