Date/Time: Date(s) - 30 June 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
45-minute web session streaming from 6.30 pm
Post-stream replay available
Webchat with Amanda Chue, Barfoot & Thompson and Rene Swindley, Initio Insurance
HOW TO CREATE OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT EXPOSING YOURSELF TO UNNECESSARY RISKS
Renting to pet-owning tenants is not for everybody but for those landlords who are open to the idea to do so there could be ample opportunities and positives. We get together with Amanda Chue of Barfoot & Thompson* Browns Bay and Rene Swindley of Initio Insurance** to chat about renting to tenants with pets and what it takes to create a happy and long-term pet-friendly tenancy.
- Overview of the current tenancy law vis-à-vis pets at rentals;
- What types of properties and landlord personality types are best suited for pet-friendly tenancies;
- Common issues, war stories from the front line and how to resolve them;
- The effects of pets at rentals form an insurance perspective and how to work out whether you are adequately covered;
- How to create better opportunities with pet-friendly tenancies.
Amanda is the Property Management New Business Manager of Barfoot & Thompson Browns Bay and hosts Amanda Chue and Hunter – a pet-friendly rental Facebook page. Rene is the Director of Initio Insurance and a frequent speaker at APIA events.
Access link to this webinar will be emailed to you immediately following your registration. If you do not receive the link please check your spam folder in the first instance before emailing us at [email protected].
* Barfoot & Thompson is a Gold Sponsor of the APIA.
** Initio Insurance is an APIA content partner.