Date/Time: Date(s) - 8 March 2022, 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
Digital investor keynote in light of red 🚦 restrictions
Presentations and live-stream from 7 pm
Presentations by Kristine King, DK Law, Ben Young, Madsen Lawrie and Kevin Smith, Keith Hay Homes*
Exploring emerging opportunities and confronting challenges in the building and development space
We’ve put together three esteemed speakers from the property industry to give you a road map on how to plan and execute a successful building and development project.
Each speaker will lean on their respective backgrounds to share three different perspectives to give you a broader understanding of how to seek out opportunities for your property portfolio.
A recent project retrospective by Kevin Smith
- A post-mortem of a recent build project undertaken for a property investor including objectives, outcomes and how the numbers stacked up.
Creating opportunities in the current market – a surveyor’s perspective by Ben Young
- High level overview of site feasibility and how to select the right project for you
- Emerging/current opportunities and challenges in the planning environment (especially in Auckland) based on recent case examples
- How to successfully navigate the current consenting framework as an investor-developer
How to successfully navigate contracts and relationships in your next development project by Kristine King
- Common fish hooks to anticipate/watch out for in a building contract
- How to handle delays and shortages without failing to meet your obligations to other parties such as lenders and JV partners
- How to avoid/handle disputes in the build process
Kristine is a lawyer and a director of DK Law. Ben is a licensed land surveyor and a director of Madsen Lawrie. Kevin is the branch manager of Keith Hay Homes* Drury.
COVID-19 protection framework
In light of red light restrictions and in accordance to government guidance as well as venue hire terms, this meeting will be hosted exclusively online.
Everyone who registers for this event will automatically receive the live-stream link immediately after registration. This is irrespective of whether you intend to attend the meeting in person (under orange and green light restrictions). Please make sure your browser has enabled popup windows for the registration to flow through seamlessly.
Want to come along but not yet a member?
Non-members can purchase a $35 ticket by emailing our office.
*Keith Hay Homes sponsors the APIA.
Bookings are closed for this event.