Date/Time: Date(s) - 20 October 2022, 6:00 pm - 6:45 pm
45-minute web session streaming from 6 pm
Post-stream replay available
Presentation by Kristine King, DK Law
Caveat emptor and all but don’t worry; we’ve got a few tips to help you make sure that you are in good hands
Navigating the property education marketplace can be confusing and overwhelming, especially if you are new to property investing. Are free seminars just glorified sales pitches? If there is no guaranteed outcome, then what’s the point? Who regulates property coaches and seminar providers? Who can you complain to? Can/should coaches find deals for you? What does ‘lifetime coaching’ mean anyway?
This webinar is designed to help you become a more knowledgeable and confident consumer in the property education marketplace. We speak to lawyer Kristine King about some of the common practices in the industry to understand
- to what extent do consumer protection laws and financial regulation laws apply to property coaching services and investment seminars;
- new FMA rules on financial advisors and property coaches;
- common sales techniques and add-on services that could create a conflict of interest (and how to handle that conflict as a client);
- how do/should common service clauses such as outcomes not guaranteed, cool down period and money-back guarantees operate;
- what if you are unhappy with the services/advice you’ve received
We intend to understand how industry norms and practices affect your outcome. There will be no specific endorsement and no naming and shaming at this session.
Kristine is a director of DK Law.
The webinar access link will be emailed to you immediately after registration. Please make sure your browser has enabled popup windows for the registration to flow through seamlessly.
Keen to dial in but not yet a member?
No worries. Non-members can purchase a $40 ticket by emailing our office.
Bookings are closed for this event.